Skip to content
Did You Know?
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin? 3,000 in a finger tip.
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure.
- Julius Caesar used massage to help his epilepsy.
- In 1996, massage therapy/bodywork was officially offered for the first time as a core medical service in the Olympics in Atlanta.
- Massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your immune system.
- The present lifestyle of too many Americans guarantees lower back pain.
- Specialized massage improves the flow of lymph through the body, relieving aches, pains, and flu-like symptoms.
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- A 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of sleep to your body.
- Bob Hope, who lived to be 100, had daily massage as part of his health regimen.
- You can have a full-body massage with all of your clothes on.
- Massage may be the oldest form of medical care. Egyptian tomb paintings show people being massaged.
- Massage can be performed on a table, a chair, a couch, a bed, a bench…on the entire body or just some parts, with or without oils or lotions.
- There are about 75 common massage modalities used today.